Yellow Leaf Hammocks offers discount through "Buy Young" initiative
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 11/4/2011 9:38:00 AM
Yellow Leaf Hammocks is offering select products at a 30% discount through "Buy Young," an online marketplace created by ourtime.org, a national non-profit organization founded to promote young entrepreneurs.
ourtime.org and 150 of America's top young CEOs launched the marketplace this summer with a summit in Washington, D.C., at the White House, on Capitol Hill and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
The goal of ourtime.org's "Buy Young" initiative is to encourage Americans to support companies and organizations founded by entrepreneurs under 30 and offer exclusive discounts on products and services to ourtime.org's membership of more than 300,000. In a macro sense, "Buy Young" is a consumer movement that engages members to support the causes they believe in while saving money.
Yellow Leaf Hammocks is a new social enterprise focused on bringing people together to enjoy their leisure time while also contributing to the greater good. Founder Joe Demin believes that his customers can "Do Good. Relax." in a comfortable hammock while supporting sustainable economic opportunity for marginalized ethnic groups such as the endangered Mlabri Tribe, and simultaneously combat deforestation, cultural degradation and social inequity.
"From the moment we set out to build Yellow Leaf Hammocks, we've been inspired and encouraged by our fellow young entrepreneurs, most of whom are building companies like Yellow Leaf, dedicated to positive social change," Demin said. "It's our time to shape the commerce model for the future, using our energy, ingenuity and dedication to create a better world for our customers and our community."
ourtime.org has aggregated hundreds of companies founded by young Americans into an online marketplace. These companies offer at least a 30% discount on their products and services for four weeks as an incentive for Americans to "Buy Young." Through various online, social media and televised marketing campaigns, ourtime.org drives traffic to these businesses in order to help them grow. ourtime.org members are encouraged to apply for jobs with the vendors, who are encouraged to make job openings available to ourtime.org's network as their businesses expand.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...