ICFA honors Design Excellence winners
September 6, 2017,
HIGH POINT, N.C.—The International Casual Furnishings Association (ICFA) has recognized 10 manufacturers of outdoor home furnishings for their outstanding product designs and accessories.
The Design Excellence category winners include:
Lane Venture's Winterthur daybed
• Chaise Lounge: Lane Venture Winterthur Estate Daybed – John Black for Winterthur
• Complementary Casual Products: Gloster Furniture Bar Cart – Henrik Pedersen
• Dining Bar Chair: Telescope Casual Furniture Jetset MGP Aluminum Dining Chair – William Vanderminden
• Dining Bar Table: Barlow Tyrie Aura Narrow Dining Table – Mark Tyrie
• Fabric: Glen Raven – Sunbrella Midori Indigo – Glen Raven – Sunbrella Design Team
• Heating/Firepit: Ebel Lucca Fire Table – Kai Ebel
• Lounge Seating with Cushion: Jensen Leisure Furniture Cordial Lounge Chair – Alan Morley
• Lounge Seating without Cushion: Gloster Furniture William Lounge Chair – Henrik Pedersen
• Rugs and Flooring: Jaipur Living Waveny Flume Birch/Phantom – Jaipur Living Design Team
• Shade: Tucci Ocean Master Max Integrated Lighting System – Dougan Clarke
The Design Excellence judging took place on August 30 in Chicago. The 10 category awards will be presented in company showrooms on Tuesday, September 12, the opening day of the 2017 Casual Market Chicago.
Entrants for the Design Excellence competition must be exhibitors at Casual Market Chicago at the Merchandise Mart. Eligible designs are slated for introduction in the marketplace at the annual trade exhibition and represent exceptional design and technical product innovation in the category. To see all the products entered into this year’s competition, visit icfadesignexcellence.org.
Telescope Casual's Jetset MGP aluminum dining chair
Tucci Ocean Master Max integrated lighting system
Sunbrella Midori Indigo
Gloster's bar cart
Jensen Leisure's Cordial lounge chair
Jaipur Living Waveny Flume/Birch Phantom
Gloster William lounge chair
Ebel Lucca fire table
Barlow Tyrie Aura narrow dining table
Related Content By Author
Casual Friday: Furnitureland South's expanding outdoor showroom
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
November Digital Edition
Don't miss the November digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s issue, we look to the future of retail with a spotlight on technology. Assistant Editor Alex Milstein breaks down the basics of artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR) and how they’re changing the furniture shopping experience. We also explain how building engagement on social media channels can boost business for retailers.
You’ve waited two years, and it’s finally here! Casual Living’s biennial Universe Study offers a comprehensive snapshot of the outdoor category, highlighting its growth across all segments from furnishings to shade to grills.
Also in This Issue:
• Designer Viewpoint: A Beverly Hills backyard gets a glam makeover, thanks to renowned designer Christopher Grubb.
• Market Report: Our editors give you the inside scoop on all the new outdoor introductions at the High Point Market. Can you say Cobonpue?
• Casual Insights: Kathy Wall of The Media Matters offers insight on refreshing your brand.