Former Ty exec named president at Midwest-CBK
Scott Wehrs was president at Ty Inc.
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 1/18/2012 11:17:24 AM
MVP Group International, parent company to garden accents supplier Midwest-CBK, announced today that it has hired Scott Wehrs as president of MW-CBK division.
Wehrs brings more than 11 years of experience as the former president and chief operating officer of Ty Inc., creator of the Beanie Babies brand.
"Scott's knowledge and experience with independent specialty retailers is second to none," said Troy Propes, president of MVP Group International. "During his 11 years with Ty, Scott touched every aspect of the business, and his leadership drove the company's and Beanie Babies' incredible success."
Wehrs started with Ty Inc. in 1998 as director of credit and held titles of vice president of internet, vice president of business development, vice president of marketing, chief operating officer and president.
"Scott has managed everything from a worldwide sales force, to product development, sourcing, licensing, e-commerce, customer service and distribution," said Mary Propes, CEO and founder of MVP Group International. "We are very excited about the future of Midwest-CBK with Scott at the helm, with plans for rapid growth in the premium channel as well as other markets."
Wehrs will immediately take on the role of president of Midwest-CBK, purchased by MVP Group International in June 2011 from publicly traded Blyth Inc., as a strategic expansion into the specialty gift market.
We would love your feedback!
- Sep 16, 2011
- Jul 17, 2013
- Feb 15, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...