AHF Hall of Fame Foundation introduces The Heritage Project
November 10, 2017,
HIGH POINT, N.C. – Poised to further its efforts in preserving the history of the home furnishings industry and the individuals who have paved the way over the years, the American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame Foundation announces the Heritage Project, funded through a generous grant from Heritage Home Group Charitable Trust.
“It is with great pleasure that we announce that the Heritage Home Group Charitable Trust is making a donation of $20,000 to support the mission of the hall of fame,” says Pierre de Villemejane, president and CEO of Heritage Home Group. “When the hall of fame told us about their plans to kick off a new initiative to capture the history of our industry and the many individuals who have shaped it, we recognized its value and the significance for future generations. We quickly decided we wanted to play a leading role in its launch.”
With this grant, professional interviews will be conducted with workers within the home furnishings industry, thereby grasping the significant roles they played, their stories and their expertise through the years.
The Heritage Project will launch with interviews that will include workers from some of Heritage Home Group’s distinctive brands which include Hickory Chair, Pearson, Henredon, Maitland-Smith, Lane Venture, Drexel, Thomasville, Broyhill and Lane. Each year companies will be invited to submit names of individuals whose efforts have helped shape their company and industry.
See related: Donald Flanders inducted into AHF Hall of Fame
The initiative was formally announced at the Oct. 15 Induction Celebration, which was held at the Sheraton Greensboro Four Seasons, that marked the formal induction of four industry leaders into the American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame. Joining the current 108 hall of fame members are Donald H. Flanders Sr., Lloyd Flanders, Inc.; Bernard D. Moray, Gorman’s Home Furnishings & Interior Design; Samuel Kuo, Samson Holding International; Vladimir Kagan, The Vladimir Kagan Design Group.
The Hall of Fame is supported by sponsors of the 2017 Induction Celebration:
- Leadership Speaker Sponsor: Ashley Furniture Industries
- Celebration and After Party Sponsor: Samson Holding Ltd.
- Dinner Table Sponsor: Nourison Industries
- Inductee Video Sponsor: Surya
- Celebration Sponsors: Markor International Home Furnishings and International Market Centers
- Entertainment Sponsor: Glen Raven / Sunbrella
- Leadership Video Sponsor: kathy ireland Worldwide
- Heritage Project Sponsor: Heritage Home Group
- Cocktail Sponsor: Restonic Mattress Company
- Platinum Sponsors: AICO/Amini Innovation Corp.; Art Van Furniture; Berkshire Hathaway Furniture Companies; Christopher Guy; FurnitureDealer.Net; Global Views; La-Z-Boy, Inc.; Leggett & Platt, Inc.; Loloi Rugs; Man Wah Holdings; Mohawk Home; Natuzzi; Palliser Furniture; Prestige Arts; and Wayfair
- Gold Sponsors: AkzoNobel; Baer’s Furniture; Culp, Inc.; Fairmont Designs; FEI Marketing; Hooker Furniture; Klaussner Furniture; L. & J. G. Stickley; MicroD; Raymour & Flanigan; Richloom Fabrics Group; Rowe Furniture; Safavieh Rugs; Tempur Sealy; and Zenith Global Logistics
- Silver Sponsors: A.L.F.; American Leather; Bassett Furniture Industries; Best Home Furnishings; Broyhill Family Foundation, Inc.; Castro Convertibles; City Furniture; City of Hope; Cory 1st Choice Home Delivery; Customatic Adjustable Bedz; El Dorado Furniture; Emerald Home Furnishings; Flexsteel Industries, Inc.; Franklin Corporation; Furnitureland South; Genesis Financial Solutions, Inc.; Grand Home Furnishings; Haverty Furniture Company; Hickory Furniture Mart; Hickory Springs Manufacturing; Home Inspirations Thomasville; Karen E. McNeill; Lexington Home Brands; Malouf Sleep; Netsertive; Phillips Collection; Rooms to Go; Serta Restokraft Mattress Company; Vanguard Furniture; Vaughan-Bassett Furniture Company; Whereoware; and Wolf Furniture/AFC. <
Related Content By Author
Casual Friday: Furnitureland South's expanding outdoor showroom
Casual Living eWeekly
Most Viewed Articles
November Digital Edition
Don't miss the November digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s issue, we look to the future of retail with a spotlight on technology. Assistant Editor Alex Milstein breaks down the basics of artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR) and how they’re changing the furniture shopping experience. We also explain how building engagement on social media channels can boost business for retailers.
You’ve waited two years, and it’s finally here! Casual Living’s biennial Universe Study offers a comprehensive snapshot of the outdoor category, highlighting its growth across all segments from furnishings to shade to grills.
Also in This Issue:
• Designer Viewpoint: A Beverly Hills backyard gets a glam makeover, thanks to renowned designer Christopher Grubb.
• Market Report: Our editors give you the inside scoop on all the new outdoor introductions at the High Point Market. Can you say Cobonpue?
• Casual Insights: Kathy Wall of The Media Matters offers insight on refreshing your brand.