Tommy Bahama recruits Van Alphen as VP of creative services
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 2/10/2012 4:21:07 PM
Tommy Bahama Group has named 20-plus year industry veteran Ferdinand Van Alphen the company's new VP of creative services. The appointment is effective immediately.
Van Alphen has held many major posts within the creative side of the business, including senior creative posts at Tommy Hilfiger in both the USA and Europe as well as agency work in The Netherlands, New York, and Hong Kong. Most recently, Van Alphen owned a creative consulting agency, handling various projects for Vertu mobile phones, Boss fragrance, Pringles, and Liebeskind Berlin, among others.
In his new endeavor, Van Alphen is responsible for the creative expression and branding strategies for all channels of the Tommy Bahama business, which spans men's and women's wholesale, retail, commerce, licensing and restaurants. He also oversees advertising, brand imagery, visual merchandising, and creative services to all areas of the business. Additionally, Van Alphen serves as a member of the Tommy Bahama senior leadership team, working to develop long-term goals and initiatives.
"The Tommy Bahama brand is our most valuable asset, and I'm excited to have someone as talented as Ferdinand join our team to bring it to life," said Terry Pillow, CEO. "This job requires an understanding of our rich history and the ability to translate our aesthetic to all facets of the company, and I think Ferdinand is the perfect fit."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...