HPBExpo opens today in Atlanta
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 3/1/2012 9:00:00 AM
ATLANTA — The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Expo, North America's largest indoor-outdoor living showcase, opened today at the Georgia World Congress Center, with outdoor burn exhibits adjacent to Building C.
The inaugural HPBExpo Tailgate & Big Green Egg Celebrity Chef Cook-Off begins at 5 p.m. today. Exhibit hours are extended outdoors as Atlanta team mascots, a drum band and cheerleaders will add to the festive fun while barbecue exhibitors offer savory samples. Attendees are encouraged to wear team jerseys, enjoy a beer at tailgate and cheer local celebrity chefs in an EGGstravaganza cook-off sponsored by Big Green Egg.
During this outdoor event, the first Donna H. Myers Barbecue Leadership Award, sponsored by HPBA and Casual Living magazine, will also be presented. The award, in memory of long-time barbecue advocate Donna Myers, will honor leadership in the barbecue industry.
On Friday from 8-11:30 p.m., the Honky Tonkin' Industry Party will kickoff the excitement for HPBExpo 2013. The LoCash Cowboys will be the headline entertainment for this all-industry Friday night bash - boots and dancing required!
Everyone is invited (only your HPBExpo badge required) and encouraged to come in their honky tonkin' best. The hit party is generously sponsored by DuraVent, Kozy Heat, Lennox Hearth Products, Napoleon Fireplace & Grills, SBI - Stove Builder International, Travis Industries and the Nashville Convention and Visitors Bureau. Visit the mile-long bar sponsored by Weber-Stephen Products LLC.
Every year, more than 350 leading hearth, patio and barbecue manufacturers and suppliers exhibit and demonstrate their latest home heating solutions; grills, grilling accessories and fully-equipped outdoor kitchens; casual patio furniture and outdoor accents; water and landscape features; all-weather entertainment products and more.
The show attracts more than 5,000 specialty and mass market retailers, and professionals interested in getting a first look at the indoor-outdoor living innovations that consumers will be asking for in the seasons ahead.
Educational classes began Wednesday, Feb. 29, and continue through Saturday, March 3.
The exposition in Building C opened at 9 a.m. today. Booths will remain open until 5 p.m. today and tomorrow. The show ends on Saturday at 3 p.m.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...