Big Green Egg Cook-Off draws Atlanta's finest foodies
Donna H. Myers honored posthumously during event
Nicole Crews -- Casual Living, 3/8/2012 9:16:00 AM
ATLANTA — The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Expo (HPBExpo) Tailgate & Big Green Egg Celebrity Cook-Off fired up at 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 1 - day one of the event - with Executive Chef Todd Annis of Fifth Group Restaurants/Bold American Events, Chef Robert Bergomosco of Publik Draft House, Executive Chef Ron Eyester of Rosebud, Executive Chef Evan Johnson of Ruth's Chris Steak House and Executive Chef Scott Serpas of Serpas taking to the Egg to compete.
Atlanta's own Sweetwater Beer and jalapenos were offered up as the secret ingredient and barbecue guru Ted Reader served as emcee.
Judges Ray Lampe (Dr. BBQ), Derrick Riches (about.com) and Atlanta Braves emcee Mark Owen were judges for the tented event that took place in the Outdoor Exhibit Burn Area adjacent to the Georgia World Congress Center. Sponsored by Big Green Egg, the winner of the event was given an Egg grill and trophy. This year's winner was Scott Serpas of Serpas restaurant.
The inaugural Donna H. Myers Leadership Award - sponsored by HPBA and Casual Living - was awarded alongside the chef winner. This year's winner was awarded posthumously to Myers and honored her lifelong dedication to the barbecue and food industries. Accepting on her behalf was her sister Barbara Goodall.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...