Steve Elton, Doug Bassett join WithIt board of governors
Furniture Today Staff -- Casual Living, 3/23/2012 9:45:42 AM
GREENSBORO, NC — Doug Bassett, chief operating officer of Vaughan-Bassett Furniture, and Steve Elton, vice president of sales of Brown Jordan, have joined WithIt's board of governors.
The two manufacturing executives join a number of continuing members on the board, which supports Withit's mission to encourage opportunity for women in the home and furnishings marketplace, the organization said in a press release.
Other member's of Withit's 2012 board of governors are Cary Benson, Palliser Furniture; Peggy Burns, Circle Furniture; Jerry Cohen, Cohen Tauber Spievack & Wagner; Jeff Cook, A.R.T. Furniture; Jerry Epperson, Mann, Armstead & Epperson; Jena Hall, Jena Hall Design; Caroline Hipple, HB2; Kim Knopf, Innovative Mattress Solutions; Darlene Leonard, Smith Leonard; Stefanie Lucas, Rowe Furniture; Eddie Massood, Thomasville Home Furnishings of New Jersey; Tom Gattis, Savannah College of Art & Design; Jason Phillips, The Phillips Collection; Rob Sligh, Sligh Furniture and Lexington Home Brands; Ryan Trainer, International Sleep Products Assn.; and Margaret Traub, Adesso Inc.
Members of the board of governors build awareness about and advocate on behalf of Withit by making recommendations to the group's board of directors, providing access to professionals, resources and business networks, and serving on a task force.
As WithIt expands its presence in new industry segments, including bedding, and new regions, the nonprofit is seeking candidates to serve on the board of governors.
"We welcome inquiries from executives who understand the importance of our mission and will strengthen our service in diverse market segments and geographic regions throughout North America," said Stephanie Lowder of Rare Bird Creative and board of governors chairman.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...