Kathy Ireland to deliver keynote address at
Licensing International Expo 2012
Super model-turned-business mogul and designer to speak on
building a successful brand
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 4/19/2012 2:35:39 PM
LAS VEGAS — Kathy Ireland, the former super model who transformed herself into a head-turning star of the business world, will give the keynote address at Licensing International Expo 2012. The keynote session on Tuesday, June 12, at 8:30am kicks off the annual trade show and conference, the leading licensing industry event, which takes place June 12-14, 2012 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Admission to the keynote address is free to all Expo attendees. Licensing International Expo is produced by Advanstar Communications and sponsored by the International Licensing Industry Merchandisers' Association (LIMA).
Kathy is CEO and Chief Designer of kathy ireland Worldwide (kiWW), a design and marketing firm founded in 1993 with the mission of "finding solutions for families, especially busy moms." Today, kiWW's missions have expanded to include "finding solutions for people in love" as well as "finding solutions for people in business." The company that Kathy started with socks, an idea and meager financial resources has since grown into a design empire with annual retail sales of more than $2 billion. Global magazine has placed kiWW at #28 on its list of the Top 125 Global Licensors - the highest ranking for any single lifestyle brand.
In her talk, "Brand Building Through Licensing - My Journey From the Beach to the Boardroom and Beyond," Kathy will discuss the principles on which her company was built, business lessons learned along the way and thoughts on the current state of the licensing business and where it is headed.
"We are thrilled to welcome Kathy to take the stage at this year's Licensing International Expo," said LIMA President Charles Riotto. "The tremendous success that Kathy and her company have achieved in strategically developing and growing a long-term, worldwide brand through licensing is an inspiration to business people everywhere, and we are honored to have her share some of her valuable expertise and insight with the members of our licensing community at the upcoming show."
"Kathy Ireland is a great example of how licensing can drive a brand's success, so she is an ideal keynote speaker for Licensing International Expo 2012," said Chris DeMoulin, president of Advanstar Licensing Group. "Brands of all sizes that are looking to increase their reach will be able to take something away from Kathy's address and all of the other opportunities at this year's trade show and conference."
Kathy's keynote address is the centerpiece of a full slate of engaging and insight-rich sessions, panel discussions and workshops that make up LIMA's Licensing University, designed to serve players from all areas of the industry. For more information on the Licensing University program and schedule, visit www.licensingexpo.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...