Commercial outdoor designer Paul Welty wins award
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 5/7/2012 9:24:34 AM
PORTLAND, Ore. — Paul Welty, owner of Innovative Nightscapes, has received the prestigious Award of Merit for Best Commercial Lighting from the Association of Outdoor Lighting Professionals (AOLP) for his work on Joe's Burgers & Bar in Portland, Ore.
Award entries are judged on creativity, effective use of lighting techniques and design, and are voted on by the AOLP‘s national membership. Stacey Zimmerman, AOLP Communications Director explained, "The goal of the AOLP Lighting Awards is to honor and promote professional excellence in outdoor lighting design and to recognize industry achievement."
Joe's Burgers & Bar, the project for which Welty won the award, is located on a heavily traveled arterial with many businesses along each side. Welty saw this was a prime opportunity to make a statement through the art of lighting design and to help make the restaurant stand out even more at night. Through the strategic use of light fixtures and techniques, Welty's design highlighted the landscaping and the building's most interesting architectural features. Practical objectives such as providing safe passageway for customers walking from the rear parking lot to the front entrance were also an important consideration.
When asked what winning this award meant to him, Welty said, "The fact that my peers in the professional outdoor lighting industry deemed my design the best in this category makes this even more of an honor. I am thrilled to be honored by them and to have earned their respect."
Innovative Nightscapes is a creative architectural, landscape & outdoor lighting design\build firm based in Portland, Ore. They have been designing and installing custom outdoor lighting scenes for residential, commercial and public spaces throughout the Pacific Northwest since 2007. Owner, Paul Welty, received his first professional lighting design certification through the Landscape Lighting Institute in Troy, NY and has since been asked to return as a mentor and teacher. Paul has also earned his COLD (Certified Outdoor Lighting Designer) certification which is an intense four year design certification offered through the AOLP. Paul has also earned his CLVLT (Certified Low Voltage Lighting Technician) certification, also offered through the AOLP.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...