Mike Farrell partners with Blue Moon Printworks
Digital print market provides lifestyle appeal
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 5/29/2012 8:42:00 AM
HIGH POINT, N.C. — Edgy design master Mike Farrell is unveiling another partnership, this time in the digital print market with Blue Moon Printworks.
The line, aptly named Mike Farrell-Once in a Blue Moon will add another important layer to a growing group of products designed by Farrell, including his trendsetting Jacquard line with Adesal Jacquards and a groundbreaking new rug line with Surya Rugs, launched in April.
With all aspects of Farrell's career expanding, taking on another licensee is both an exciting and ambitious move. Farrell's commitment to providing an edgy, witty niche for a young market made a partnership with Blue Moon irresistible.
"The beauty of digital printing is in the shorter runs and, unlike cylinder printing, unlimited color," Farrell said. "The niche that I see in the market is a lifestyle tie-in. More than being urban, hip or edgy, although digital print is certainly all of those things, it's realizing that everything else from music to fashion to travel is changing. This global, real-time world is adjusting how we live and to a large extent we are still discovering that in the home furnishings industry and applying this perspective in color and
textures that are truly exciting. Digital printing allows for a level of detail that opens up a whole world of possibilities."
It will be no surprise to those familiar with Farrell's "out of the box" concepts that the designs speak for themselves.
"Find the Bomb" from this first collection, is inspired by multicolored screenings of luggage at airport security stations. Another design, "Get that Dough," is inspired by a vintage collection of bank bags acquired by Mike in 2010 and features overlays of urban "tagging." While the collection is not photo realistic, it is created from the layering of visual information seen every day. The result is a visual feast.
At Showtime, Blue Moon Printworks can be found in a new location, beside Adesal Jacquards in Booth 1-742.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...