New, expanded showrooms to debut at Atlanta International Area Rug Market
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/21/2012 4:20:52 PM
ATLANTA — Six new or expanded area rug showrooms, many new product lines and seminars will be introduced at the Atlanta International Area Rug Market July 12-15 at AmericasMart, in conjunction with the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market July 11-18.
The Rug Collection opens as a new exhibitor during the July market in Building 1, Floor 3 of AmericasMart. The expanded and relocated area rug showrooms, all in Building 1 include Azra Imports, Banilivy Rug Corporation and Liberty Oriental Rugs, Inc., all on Floor 4 and Anadol and Jaipur Rugs, Inc., both on Floor 3.
"The Atlanta International Area Rug Market continues to remain a vital touch point for us to connect with many key customers," said Asha Chaudhary, president and CEO of Jaipur Rugs, Inc. "We are excited to debut our newly-expanded space on the third floor of Building 1 for Summer Market. Doubling our current showroom allows us to better showcase our expanding rug line, as well as our pillow range and the other new categories we're moving into for 2013 and beyond."
Nourison kicks off the Atlanta International Area Rug Market at 5:30 p.m. July 11 with designer Barclay Butera, who will feature his six new lines in the Nourison showroom, Building 1, Floor 3, Showroom 3-F-2. Early arrivals will receive a copy of Butera's new book, Living on the Coast!
Designer Laurie Hickson-Smith presents "The final touch in home décor," from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. July 13, Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-A-1. Hickson-Smith, a designer on TLC's popular Trading Spaces, will share how she brings her classic and contemporary style to rooms starting with floor coverings.
Buyers can drop off a business card from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. July 12 in Building 1, Floor 3 and enter a raffle for a Kindle Fire. At 2 p.m., buyers can cool off with a complimentary ice cream and watch the drawing. The raffle will be repeated from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. July 13 in Building 1, Floor 4 and July 14 in Building 1, Floor 5.
Oriental Rug Retailers of America (ORRA) will offer five seminars for everyone from experts to those interested in learning:
- "In the Dragons' shadow: Dragon rugs and the legacy of their patterns," 10-11 a.m., July 13, Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Presented by Paul Ramsey, CRA. A glimpse into the foggy notions of the Dragon rugs of Azerbaijan (the Caucasus and northwest Iran) and how they have been a source of inspiration for later rugs from this area.
- "Knot To Be Missed IV," 1 p.m. July 13, Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Phil Menendian, CRA, and a panel of rug appraisers discuss the ongoing efforts of ORRA to educate members about a specific group of rugs so they can pass the CRA exam.
- "Walk the market with Phil," 3 p.m., July 13, Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Menendian gives a guided tour of select showrooms.
- "ORRA tips on proper rug appraisal techniques," 12:30 p.m., July 14, Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Menendian will enumerate on the mechanics of an appraisal.
- "ORRA Certified Rug Appraiser's exam," 1 p.m. July 14, Building 1, Floor 4, Room 4-B-1. Members will be tested on historical and technical knowledge of hand-knotted rugs.
We would love your feedback!
- Jun 28, 2013
- Dec 16, 2011
Treasure Garden, Crestwood Garden Collection, Elegant Earth among new, expanded AmericasMart exhibitorsNov 29, 2012
- Oct 22, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...