Independent testing lab shows Twin-Star heaters are capable of heating 1,000 square feet
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/25/2012 10:55:13 AM
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — Twin-Star International, a manufacturer of home furnishings, electric fire places and heaters, partnered with independent testing lab Intertek to prove the company's Black & Decker and Duraflame Powerheat lines of Quartz InfraRed heaters and electric fireplaces are capable of heating a 1,000-sq.-ft. area.
Before testing began, a 1,000-sq-ft. room was built using typical residential construction standards. Once the test room was complete, the heaters were plugged into a standard 120 volt socket and placed in the center of the room. Thermocouples were placed around the room to measure temperature increases at different heights and distances around the heaters.
The data collected by Intertek shows the 1,500 watt Quartz InfraRed heaters were able to warm a 1,000-sq-ft. room an average of 8.3 degrees Fahrenheit and held the increased temperature throughout the 24-hour test period.
"We want our dealers to be able to fully substantiate the claim that our product can indeed heat 1,000 square feet and that they can stand by this product with 100% confidence," said Bill Caples, VP of sales and marketing for Twin-Star. "Others may claim it, but Twin-Star can prove it."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...