TUUCI to provide shade solutions for HIHO barefoot regatta, BVI Water Sports Centre
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/27/2012 9:26:47 AM
MIAMI — TUUCI, a manufacturer specializing in shade structures based here, will lend its focus on highly-engineered shade products and competitive water sports to the 2012 HIHO barefoot regatta, set for July 1-8 in the British Virgin Islands.
Marine-grade TUUCI shade structures on the shore will protect participants and observers from the sun. The company will also sponsor performance gear used throughout the competition, such as Sun-Tek UV resistant racing shirts, UV protective head-gear, kite and wind surfer sails and paddle boards.
"The goal of our HIHO sponsorship is to extend the high-performance nature of this event to new levels through the use of TUUCI shade structures on the shoreline and the latest technical gear for sailing, kite and wind surfing and adventure paddle boarding," said Dougan Clarke, chief shade architect for TUUCI. "Stiff breezes, pounding surf and salt water spray demand the very best performance of people and the equipment they use. This is the type of challenge that HIHO celebrates and it's why we will be part of the action."
The HIHO barefoot regatta attracts water sports enthusiasts from around the world. Living aboard a fleet of 15 sailing catamaran yachts, competitors take part in an ambitious week-long racing event in open water around more than 12 islands. Evening celebrations include food, entertainment and awards ceremonies.
"The TUUCI brand is world class, and their marine-grade shade equipment speaks to the type of high-performance nature of the events we are hosting this year," said Andy Morrell, event organizer for HIHO. "Competitors and attendees will enjoy the shade performance of TUUCI structures, plus the camaraderie of Dougan and members of the TUUCI team."
In addition to donating shade structures and gear, TUUCI will sponsor a relay race for paddle boarders, windsurfers, boat captains and crewmembers using TUUCI branded boards. TUUCI will document its HIHO experience with photos and videos on its Facebook and Pinterest pages.
TUUCI is also serving as a sponsor of the BVI Water Sports Centre, donating premium, performance-grade parasols in support of the RYA Sailability program, which makes sailing instruction available to disabled people. The four new TUUCI Manta parasols at the Water Sports Centre will block up to 99.9% of burning UV rays, providing protection for sailing instructors and students, including special programs for children and youth.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...