Weber GrillWatch survey reveals 90% of American grill owners fire up the grill on the Fourth of July
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/27/2012 1:34:01 PM
PALATINE, Ill. — According to the 23rd annual Weber GrillWatch Survey, a whopping 90% of American grill owners fire up their backyard grill on the Fourth of July, a 9% jump from last year.
Weber commissioned Toluna to field the 23rd annual Weber GrillWatch Survey. A total of 1,000 grill owners throughout the United States completed the online survey. All respondents were 21 years of age or older and currently own a charcoal, gas or electric outdoor grill or smoker. The sample was divided between 50% males and 50% females and was balanced demographically to represent households across the U.S.
Other notable trends in the survey include:
- Independence Day remains the most popular "grilling holiday" of the year, followed by Labor Day (77%); birthdays (76%); Memorial Day (71%) and Father's Day (53%).
- The three foods grilled most often are hamburgers (73%), chicken (41%) and steak (40%).
- Hot dogs and burgers remain the top two foods considered easiest to grill (78% and 72%, respectively), followed by steak (49%), brats (43%) and chicken (38%).
- Three in 10 grill owners feel that grilling is an extremely important activity when entertaining guests in their home (30%); while 77% say grilling is an important activity when entertaining.
- During grill parties, more than one-half of grill owners (59%) say their guests tend to congregate outside. Of those, 26% enjoy "hanging out" exclusively by the grill.
- On average, grill owners host approximately 2.8 barbecues during the summer. Nearly 19% say they hosted at least five barbecues during the summer months.
We would love your feedback!
- Sep 17, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...