Sunnyland celebrates Independent Retailer Month
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 7/6/2012 9:26:00 AM
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Independent Retailer Month, the monthlong July "Shop Local" campaign that highlights the important role local merchants play in the community, economy and overall retail sector, has partnered with ShopLocalDFW.com to encourage retailers in north Texas to join the movement.
The partnership invites independent retailers in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to come together and make a difference in their communities through enhanced consumer engagement. By embracing July as a key "Shop Local" month, small business owners are encouraged to let their creativity flow with events and promotions aimed at increasing consumer spending.
Sunnyland Outdoor Furniture is taking part in Independent Retailer Month and wants to see as many small businesses as possible unite under the ShopLocalDFW.com umbrella. As a symbolic gesture, Sunnyland will be offering 15% off all in-stock umbrellas when guests mention ShopLocalDFW.
"I am thrilled to celebrate Independent Retailer Month by inviting all independent businesses listed on ShopLocalDFW.com to come together and celebrate the Shop Local campaign in July 2012," said Brad Schweig of Sunnyland. "Let's get consumers to ‘Vote With Their Feet' because we all know that indie retail rocks."
During July, independent retailers will highlight their brands, their outstanding customer service and love for the retail industry. This entrepreneurial passion is also shown in small businesses' constantly giving back to their local communities through their support of events and causes that benefit local residents.
Retailers will feature Independent Retailer Month marketing materials both online and in their physical stores. They also are encouraged to get involved in additional social media viral activities with IRM July partners.
I think it's wonderful to see even large cities such as D/FW latch onto the shop local premise. I know that here in Oklahoma we have doing these events for a number of years and it really does help when you get the word out about local retailers and what they can offer you.Mike Thompson - 2012-07-09 12:47:27 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...