Haiku fan earns high marks at IDEA Awards
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 8/21/2012 11:06:20 AM
The fan's sleek look conceals Sensorless Drive Technology that delivers an 80% improvement in energy efficiency over conventional ceiling fans. Hand-crafted bamboo airfoils span 60 inches, offering an aerodynamic profile for smooth, silent airflow. Operated by a thin, hand-held remote, Haiku has 10 settings including the exclusive Whoosh mode, which stimulates the variations in natural airflow for greater user comfort.
"We are honored to receive this award and thank the international design panel of judges for their affirmation of Haiku's design excellence," said Carey Smith, president and CEO of Big Ass Fans. "Haiku features superlative materials and finishes as well as a level of craftsmanship never seen before in a ceiling fan."
The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Mich., will house all the IDEA award winners in its permanent collection.
Haiku has also been honored with the red dot design award for product design, a LiveEDGE award acknowledging excellence in electronic design, and most recently, a Design Award from the Australian International Design Awards, presented by Good Design Australia.
Big Ass Fans designs and engineers sustainable-minded mobile, wall and ceiling-mounted fans for a variety of settings including industrial, agricultural, commercial and residential markets.
We would love your feedback!
- Aug 6, 2012
- Nov 14, 2013
- Aug 16, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...