Tips for planning a perfect party on the deck
Flood Wood Care Products offers online guide
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 8/29/2012 2:07:52 PM
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Getting together outdoors with family and friends is a great way to relax and unwind. If you're planning a deck party this summer or autumn, you'll want to follow simple tips to make sure your relaxation doesn't turn into stress.
One of the key aspects to consider when planning your party is to create an atmosphere that encourages your guests to interact and feel at home. This will not be accomplished if you have an old, unattractive deck that's in need of repairs or staining. Before inviting guests, make sure your deck is in good condition.
Flood Wood Care Products makes this easy with an online guide that will walk you through everything you need to know before you embark on a wood stain project. After your deck is beautified, you'll want to take a look at your party budget.
Budgets can easily be managed by reducing the guest list and prioritizing items that are must-haves for your party, according to Sarah Pease, owner and creative director of Brilliant Event Planning in New York City. Of course, a great party can be planned on a budget, Pease said. Focus on the important items, such as food and beverages, and get crafty with your décor. For example, bud vases with a single flower are chic, inexpensive and add impact without breaking the budget. In addition, votive candles are an inexpensive way to enhance the mood of any party.
"The most important parts to having a perfect deck party are organization and planning," said Pease.
She recommends the following Top 5 tips to planning the perfect deck party:
1. Organization is key to success. The more tasks you can accomplish ahead of time, the more time you will have to enjoy your party.
2. For a smaller party, create a signature cocktail that can be served in a pitcher or punch bowl. That way, your guests will be able to serve themselves, and you can spend more time mingling.
3. Hire great vendors. Using reliable and talented professionals will always result in a successful party.
4. Create a timeline for the evening to ensure everything runs smoothly.
5. Don't skimp on the food.
If you've followed these simple tips, you should have everything in place to sit back and enjoy your party. Just make sure to always make your guests feel welcome by mingling and not sticking to one corner of the deck.
At the end of the day, the most important thing to remember is that the more you plan ahead by preparing your deck, creating a timeline, planning décor and purchasing enough food and drinks, the more time you will have to relax and actually enjoy your own party. To learn more about planning the perfect party, visit brillianteventplanning.com.
To learn more about staining your deck, visit flood.com or www.facebook.com/FloodWoodCare.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...