Brentano launches collection of artwork-inspired textiles
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 8/31/2012 11:31:49 AM
WHEELING, Ill. — Brentano, a designer and producer of eco-friendly fabrics, recently launched its new artwork-inspired Gallery Collection.
Design Director Iris Wang and her team had been contemplating an artwork-inspired collection for more than a decade and knew that fall of 2012 would be the right time to introduce it, according to a company press release. Each of Gallery's 14 textiles are influenced directly by the construction of a piece of art - the form, the feeling behind it, the content. The fiber content, weave and how the fabric is colored aim to evoke the technical composition or the feeling of a specific artist or work of art.
The collection includes the minimalist drapery Stella, the ultra-luxurious Tamara, voided-velvet Cloudscape and the intricate Quinan.
Founded in 1990 by Wang and her husband, President E-Kwan Chen, Brentano has grown from a modest beginning of eight patterns to an internationally represented textile house. The company offers a variety of textiles, including eco-friendly faux leather, high performance upholstery, fire-resistant, outdoor, Crypton, Nano-Tex and GreenShield fabrics.
We would love your feedback!
No related articles for this topic.
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...