Tropitone complements fire pits with table top grilling
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 9/4/2012 10:44:20 AM
IRVINE, Calif. — Tropitone Furniture Company, Inc. announced the introduction of Table Top Grill Pans to complement the new line of Tropitone brand Fire Pits that the company unveiled at the International Casual Furniture and Accessories Market Preview Show in July.
"For the past few years, end user customers, designers and distribution partners have urged Tropitone to develop Fire Pits," said Tom Keddy, director of product management. "We introduced our first models of Fire Pits at the ICFA Preview Market as integral parts of our table program. Since the Tropitone brand is synonymous with outdoor enjoyment, we decided to add even more fun to the Fire Pits."
The Tropitone Table Top Grill Pans are intended to capitalize on the worldwide emergence of the interactive cooking experience popularized under the generic name "Korean BBQ," according to a company press release. This type of cooking experience is characterized by each person at the table cooking thinly-sliced meats and vegetables to their satisfaction on a grill located at the center of the table. The generic name refers to a type of cooking that originated in Korea and is rapidly spreading internationally.
"Other than the purely social aspects, we believe that the attraction of interactive Table Top Grilling is largely driven by lighter ingredients and smaller portion sizes," said Frank Verna, director of sales and business development. "Tapas, appetizers and smaller meals are a part of the enjoyment of the casual outdoor experience. Interactive Table Top Grilling will enhance that experience."
The Table Top Grill Pans are specifically designed to be used with Tropitone brand Fire Pits without removing the burner system media. "Our objective was to expand the use and enjoyment of Fire Pits," said Brian Mehler, director of design. "The Table Top Grill Pans were designed to fit right on top of the Fire Pit burner system pan without removing the media. The Grill Pan is designed to protect the Fire Pit media from drips so it is very easy to use. When you are done with cooking, simply lift the Grill Pan off the Fire Pit by its handles for easy clean-up."
Table Top Grill Pans are offered in round and square models. The Grill Pans are made of heavy-duty cast aluminum for effective heat transfer and include a hard anodized cooking surface for ease of use and clean-up. Tropitone has applied for two patents that are pending approval by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
"Tropitone is very excited about our introduction of Fire Pits and complementing them with Table Top Grilling," Keddy said. "Fire Pits transform a passive table into an active, fun product. The interaction created by the addition of Table Top Grilling takes personal involvement and outdoor enjoyment to an even higher level."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...