Kolo Collection, Atlanta
Kristine Ellis -- Casual Living, 9/1/2012 2:00:00 AM
An early adopter of social media, Kolo Collection makes it easy for customers to feel connected and knowledgeable about its mix of international outdoor furnishings. That accessibility may be one reason sales are up double-digits this year, with an increase in orders shipped out of state.
"We've also seen a very large increase in contract business this year," said Greg Martin, co-owner of the company with his wife, Michelle.
Overall, he sees a split in consumer confidence.
"The wealthy are spending and the upper middle class are still holding on to their money for the most part," he said.
In addition to its virtual exis tence, Kolo Collection maintains a high level of visibility in the real world and is known for hosting very successful events in its 4,500-sq.-ft. showroom. In August, for example, it hosted a get-together of the Design Collective, a networking group for Atlanta's interior design community. It also raised $15,000 recently doing an event for a local charity.
Always tweaking their collection, the Martins are still working out their strategy for next season
"Michelle and I will travel to Maison & Objet in Paris as well as Chicago in September to see what great new items we will bring into the mix for 2013," Martin said.
Kolo Collection opened in 2003 and is a six-time Apollo Award finalist and a multiple winner of Casual Living's Merchandising Awards.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...