West Elm to open in Salt Lake City in October
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 9/25/2012 11:09:38 AM
BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Home furnishings retailer West Elm is opening a new store at 51 South Main St. in Salt Lake City, Utah on Oct. 11, 2012.
Located in the City Creek Center, the new store will open with the brand's fall collection and an early preview of the holiday assortment. Through a partnership with Etsy, the store will also feature a collection of decorative accessories and art made by artists from the Salt Lake City area. The local Etsy assortment is a first for a West Elm store in the U.S.
To celebrate the store opening, West Elm is hosting a sweepstakes offering a chance to win a $2,000 shopping spree and access to the store's pre-opening event on Oct. 10. The event will be hosted in partnership with Craft Lake City, a Salt Lake City-based non-profit dedicated to educating, promoting and inspiring local artisans. In addition, the first 300 shoppers on opening day will receive a free West Elm Salt Lake City tote bag.
"Salt Lake City has an amazing art and design community that we're excited to support and participate in," said Jim Brett, president of West Elm. "We are thrilled to be opening at City Creek Center, and proud to be partnering with Craft Lake City and Etsy to showcase local artists within our store."
The new West Elm Salt Lake City will house the brand's signature mix of globally inspired furniture, home decor, kitchen accessories, gifts and seasonally updated collections and collaborations.
Collaborations featured at the Salt Lake City store at opening will include dinnerware from stationery designer Kamal, cutlery from the Schmidt Brothers, and ceramics, textiles and furniture designed by 16 different artists from South Africa. The store will also feature the brand's new collection of Mix + Match Dining Tables which allow customers to design a dining table in various styles from antiqued industrial to modern farmhouse by selecting from four different bases and five different tops.
As in other West Elm locations, associates at the Salt Lake City store will be focused on helping customers express their personal style at home. Together they can work on space planning and customized design projects utilizing the tools available at the store's Design Lab, or in a customer's home - all free of charge. West Elm Salt Lake City is open Monday-Friday from 10-9 and Saturday from 10-10.
Headquartered in Brooklyn, N.Y., West Elm introduced its first catalog in 2002 and opened the doors of its first retail location in 2003. The brand's complete collection of modern furniture and home decor is available in 42 retail stores and at westelm.com. West Elm is a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. portfolio of brands.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...