Century Leisure's Palari offers refined casual styling
Simple silhouettes take inspiration from sailing ships
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 9/27/2012 4:47:01 PM
CHICAGO - Taking its name from a traditional two-masted Indonesian sailing ship used in trading, Century Leisure Furniture's new Palari Collection captures the Age of Discovery with designs both traditional in styling yet updated and transitional in feel.
The Age of Discovery was a period that began around the early 15th century and continued to the late 17th century when Europeans explored Africa, the Americas, Asia and the islands of the Pacific Ocean. Trade around the globe became the major form of commerce as awareness of other cultures expanded and enabled ushering in of the Modern era.
Palari's teak front legs are reminiscent of the large masts of those ships while the chairs and loveseats are designed as though large sails are billowing in the wind.
"This collection is different than anything on the market, yet it makes you feel as if you have seen it many times before," said Eric Graham, senior director of leisure for Century Furniture. "This sense of nostalgia is very important to the design. We wanted to make consumers comfortable with the collection the very first time they see it."
Other highlights from Palari include:
* It is built and finished like quality indoor furniture, but designed and engineered to perform beautifully for full-time outdoor exposure with routine maintenance
* Hand Woven Resin in a herringbone pattern features a subtle two tone soft taupe-gray colorway
* Frames are constructed of powder-coated aluminum
* Solid teak is used as the front legs on all the upholstery frames
* Decorative rivet details on table edges
* Solid teak tops with aluminum edging feature silicon joints designed to look like a yacht deck
* New Patio Plush cushion option with Drainage/Non Slip Panel
* Century's innovative Driluxe cushions on all seating are constructed of water-repellent cover surrounding a high-resiliency foam core and wrapped with 100% polyester fiber, which is compliant with CAL 117 flame retardant standards.
* A stylish selection of fabrics, including Sunbrella brand performance fabrics, are woven from 100% solution-dyed, UV stable acrylic fibers that resist fading, deterioration and mildew.
"Palari offers a refined casual look which is perfect for today's outdoor lifestyle," said Comer Wear, director of marketing, Century Furniture. "These clean and softer silhouettes with their maritime influence wink to the past but ultimately push forward for today's outdoor consumers."
Century also will exhibit at the High Point Market, Oct. 13-18, in its permanent showroom at Market Square 500, 412.
We would love your feedback!
- Jun 19, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...