iDevices upgrades iGrill app for iPhone 5
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 10/24/2012 11:31:31 AM
AVON, Conn. -- iDevices, LLC, the creator of the iGrill Bluetooth cooking thermometer, has upgraded the iGrill app for the new iPhone 5 and iPod Touch. The app has been updated, approved by Apple and is available in the iTunes App Store.
The iGrill app's new iPhone 5 features include:
• Retina Display: Clearer viewing of iGrill app through iPhone's enhanced 1136x640 pixel resolution retina display across a 4-inch diagonal widescreen display.
• Facebook: Integration with Facebook gives the iGrill community a view of each other's epicurean world (recently used by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, who uploaded his iGrill steak masterpiece to his page with thousands of hits on the iGrill site).
• HD Camera: 1.2 megapixel HD camera allows users to upload crystal clear images of their food creations.
A new feature of the iPhone 5 is the further integration of Bluetooth 4.0, which was first introduced in the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 5's Bluetooth 4.0 technology works with "idevices," creating a connection that consumes only a small percentage of the power of the previous version of Bluetooth 2.0. It also enables devices to be powered by small, coin-cell batteries or paper thin batteries, both of which iDevices is in co-development with its partners. This provides a significantly longer battery life and lower production cost. In addition, Bluetooth 4.0 also diminishes the need for users to go through the pairing process to connect their devices, making Bluetooth 4.0 device an easier experience for the end user.
"We are excited to see that Apple is focusing on the continued deployment of Bluetooth 4.0 technology with the iPhone 5," said Christopher Allen, CEO of iDevices. "It's these types of enhancements from Apple that allow companies, like ourselves, to continue to release cutting edge app-enabled products to the consumer. We are currently in development on a number of new Bluetooth 4.0 products and we are extremely excited to see the market's reaction to these new products."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...