Colonial Candle opens first retail and research boutique
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 11/6/2012 4:47:00 PM
CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Candle and accessories manufacturer Colonial Candle has officially opened the doors to its first and only luxury candle retail and research boutique here.
The 3,000-sq.-ft. flagship store is the 103-year-old candle company's first boutique featuring uniquely designed fragrance rooms. These rooms allow guests to explore new scents and share their feedback to influence future candle fragrances and products, benefitting retailers who carry the Colonial Candle collection.
Located in The Shops at Charleston Place, the Colonial Candle boutique joins an exclusive collection of luxury brands including Godiva, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Lacoste. Charleston is home to MVP Group International, Inc., Colonial Candle's parent company.
Developed by lifestyle designer Jim Weinberg, the boutique showcases a "whole environment" approach to create a luxurious, memorable experience incorporating branding, lifestyle, product development and interior design, according to a company release. For example, Colonial Candle's signature oval shape is featured prominently throughout the store with oval fragrance rooms, portholes, seating and guest service kiosks.
"We're thrilled to share our new candle destination with Charleston and our retail customers, and invite retailers to explore candles and how they can influence customers' mood and décor in a whole new way," said Troy Propes, president of MVP Group International, Inc. "For example, specially designed fragrance rooms provide guests with the true fragrance of each candle."
Guests are also invited to join the Colonial Candle creative process by testing new fragrances and sharing their impressions through specially designed iPad apps. Their feedback will influence the direction of current and future fragrances and products, the release states.
"For over a century, Colonial Candle has set the standard for premium candles, and our boutique evokes Colonial's renowned history combined with modern style and technology," said Beth Sturm, Colonial Candle director of brand development. "The unique research element allows us to determine the best-selling, proven new scents for our retail customers. It also serves as a unique destination for retailers to experience and learn about the Colonial Candle brand and heritage to bring back to their own customers."
Colonial Candle products are made in the U.S. using eco-friendly techniques in a certified green facility.
We would love your feedback!
- Oct 23, 2012
- Apr 8, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...