Gary Lee to relocate and expand Atelier in Merchandise Mart Design Center
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 12/19/2012 10:28:32 AM
CHICAGO - Nearly one year after the unveiling of his namesake showroom on the 18th floor of The Merchandise Mart, Gary Lee will expand and relocate Atelier Gary Lee to the 14th floor as part of The Mart's Design Center reconfiguration.
The reorganization of the Design Center will shift more than 60 showrooms - previously housed on floors 16, 17 and 18 - to 6, 16, and the newly renovated 14th and 15th floors. The reorganization also includes a newly-dedicated casual industry section within the Design Center on floors 15 and 16.
Lee's interior design firm, Gary Lee Partners, spearheaded the design of the renovated floors which will feature sleek and modernized corridors and the creation of "Lounge 1447"- a new designer amenity center anchoring the 14th floor. This project will serve the design community with a fresh and inviting environment equipped with workstations, flexible conference space and a lounge area complete with a café and wine bar.
In early January, the Atelier Gary Lee showroom will join its neighbors on the 14th floor in an expanded space located at #1419. Atelier will maintain its open gallery layout as well as the concept of a rotating floor that highlights pieces for both residential and contract projects. This expansion will reinforce the showroom's effort to continuously refresh works from more than 20 designers and artisans of furniture, lighting, art and textiles, providing a unique experience and resource for designers upon each visit.
The upgrade in square footage will yield more room to exhibit pieces from around the world including the new Montreal-based line by Gabriel Scott, London-based Sé, and U.S. designer favorites Codor Design and Mark Albrecht Studio. The expansion will also make way for further development of Gary Lee's furniture collection, Chai Ming Studios, which was just honored with Interior Design magazine's 2012 Best of Year Award for design of the Gem side table.
According to Atelier Gary Lee showroom director Christina Karvelas, "this transformation is an inspiring and exciting opportunity to relaunch the Atelier Gary Lee showroom, the Design Center at The Merchandise Mart, and most importantly, to showcase the amazing work of our partners in a vibrant, new setting."
Atelier Gary Lee is owned by Chicago-based designer Gary L. Lee, a winner of the prestigious Interiors Designer of the Year award and member of the Interior Design Hall of Fame. Atelier Gary Lee showcases luxury, residential-scale furniture, lighting and accessories suitable for residential, contract and hospitality applications.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...