Catalina Outdoor Fireplace recalled
Christmas Tree Shops and CPSC issue recall due to hazards of burns and cuts
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 12/20/2012 8:23:00 AM
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with Christmas Tree Shops, announced a voluntary recall of the Catalina Outdoor Fireplace.
Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately and return it to any Christmas Tree Shops store to receive a full refund. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
The Catalina Outdoor Fireplace is freestanding and constructed of glass and black metal. The 21 1/4 in. square base sits on short legs. Black corner pieces hold the glass sides with one hinged side to add logs. It has a square, vented top lid and stands about 30" tall. The model number CT840BL appears on the outside of the packaging and on the instruction manual.
About 2,000 of the fireplaces were sold at Christmas Tree Shops retail locations from September 2011 to October 2012 for about $130 each.
Christmas Tree Shops received three reports of the glass component of the outdoor fireplace breaking after a fire is lit, posing a hazard for burns or cuts. No injuries have been reported.
Manufactured in China, the fireplaces were imported by Nantucket Distributing Co., Inc. of Middleboro, Mass.
Consumer Contact: Christmas Tree Shops toll-free at (888) 287-3232 any time, or online at www.christmastreeshops.com and go to the link Safety and Recalls at the bottom of the homepage.
To see this recall on CPSC's web site, including a picture of the recalled product, please go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13072.html
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...