Resultant Neil Dempster delivers total course correction tips at second Casual Living conference
Jamie Sorcher -- Casual Living, 12/27/2012 4:02:00 PM
Clearview Performance Systems, will deliver the keynote address at the second Casual Living conference, Outer Spaces: Expanding the Universe for the Outdoor Room, to be held Feb. 20-22, 2013, at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa in Tucson, Ariz.Neil Dempster, VP and founding partner of
With over 20 years of experience in helping organizations understand and implement continuous improvement processes, Dempster has presented more than 1,000 times to companies as diverse as Accenture to U-Haul International.
"People don't join organizations; they join cultures," Dempster said. "People don't resist change; people resist being changed. In the majority of consulting projects I take on, I find my clients don't have a performance problem; they have an expectation problem!"
The keynote -- If You're Not Living on the Edge, You're Taking up Too Much Space! How to Stand Out in a Sea of Sameness! -- is perfect for anyone in the furniture industry who is being asked to do more with less, adapt to constant change, be more creative in spite of the economy, work better together as a team, be continuous learners and deliver better results - all while maintaining a positive attitude.
Attendees will learn about being Primus Inter Pares, Dempster said, which translates to "first among equals" in Latin. "I will challenge the group to adopt this mindset for themselves and their respective companies because, in reality, we all have pretty equal access to the technology, systems and process to do our work," he said. "So, the only true differentiator today is the ‘people' side of the house. Those who know how to create the ‘positive tension' (expectation) to consistently delight customers will ultimately win!"
Using a combination of interactive experiential exercises and quick activities to open up minds (no "touchy-feely" stuff) along with humorous "real-life" scenarios and short video clips, Dempster said his presentation is guaranteed to provide attendees with practical, common sense knowledge to raise the bar and achieve greater results.
For more information, contact Casual Living Publisher Norman Hamilton at email@example.com or National Sales Manager Kristin O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorships are still available.
To register and view additional information, visit www.casualliving.com/con2013.
We would love your feedback!
- Oct 28, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...