Weber releases ‘New Real Grilling' cookbook
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 5/9/2013 2:53:12 PM
PALATINE, Ill. - Weber's New Real Grilling, the sequel to Weber's most popular cookbook, Weber's Real Grilling, is now available at bookstores, retail outlets and anywhere books are sold. Weber's New Real Grilling follows in the footsteps of its predecessor, a cookbook that sold more than 1 million copies.
Written by New York Times best-selling author Jamie Purviance, Weber's New Real Grilling takes a look back at how the grill itself has evolved from a nifty little gadget for grilling a burger or hot dog to a beloved showpiece with features and functions designed to help backyard chefs create four-star meals.
"So much has changed in the world of grilling - from the grills we use to the wide range of accessories, like woks, pizza stones and vegetable baskets - that allow people to use their grill for much more than a place to cook a hunk of meat," Purviance said. "When I was first learning to grill, supermarkets in America didn't carry ingredients like balsamic vinegar, Greek yogurt and chipotle peppers. Nowadays supermarkets are giving grillers a lot more options, and this book shows people how to make the most of these ingredients."
Each of the 200-plus recipes are designed to spark the imagination of any griller and feature a full-color photo taken by James Beard Award-winning photographer Tim Turner. Special features in Weber's New Real Grilling include Grill Skills, a spread in each chapter that provides step-by-step photographed instruction on how to do a particular technique, such as How to Grill Perfect Fish, or How to Grill Perfect Ribs.
The book's Grilling Evolved feature takes a look at today's tools and techniques that have elevated grilling to new culinary heights. Purviance covers everything from wok cooking to smoking foods on any type of grill to properly using a pizza stone for a perfectly crispy crust.
In addition, the book also covers such topics as Purviance's Top Ten Tips for Grilling Success, the Griller's Pantry, with photos and tips on the perfectly stocked pantry, including a breakdown of three commonly used, but often misunderstood ingredients - salt, pepper and oil; and a New Tools and Toys section featuring a round-up of the latest grilling gadgets.
For nostalgia lovers, Weber has dusted off a few classic recipes like Chicken a la Vermouth, Salmon Loaf and Broccoli Casserole to offer a fresh take on these old favorites. Fun Recipe Remixes include Rosemary Chicken Basted with Garlic Butter, Salmon Filets with Roasted Corn and Sweet Tomato Salsa, and Quick-Grilled Broccoli with Bread Crumbs and Parmesan.
Weber's New Real Grilling retails for $24.95 and is available wherever books are sold, including DIY retailers, hardware stores, mass merchants, patio stores, supermarkets and online.
We would love your feedback!
- Feb 27, 2012
- Mar 9, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...