Sunbrella merchandising manager offering performance fabrics course
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/6/2013 4:41:32 PM
GLEN RAVEN, N.C. - Marcia Blake, a leading authority on home décor and merchandising manager for Sunbrella fabrics, will present an accredited continuing education course on performance fabrics for professional interior designers in the new Brown Jordan showroom in the South Coast Collection (SOCO) in Costa Mesa, Calif., on June 18.
During her presentation, "Explore the Possibilities with Performance Fabrics," Blake will discuss how fabric performances are designed and manufactured, including fiber types, coloration, finishing, construction and testing.
"Performance fabrics, such as the Sunbrella brand, have changed dramatically in look and feel over the past several years," Blake said. "Our goal with this presentation is to help interior designers gain a better understanding of what makes a true performance fabric and the wide range of creative applications possible both inside and outside of the home."
The one-hour course (CEU-101855) carries a CEU value of 0.1 and has been accredited by the IDCEC Interior Design Continuing Education Council for Members of ASID (American Society of Interior Designers), IDC (Interior Designers of Canada) and IIDA (International Interior Design Association).
To register for the seminar, email email@example.com or call 949-760-6900.
"Marcia's presentation is a rare opportunity to gain insights into performance fabrics and how design professionals can incorporate them into their client work," said Wendy Rhiger, vice president of strategic development and communications with Brown Jordan. "It's easy to think of performance fabrics as just for outdoor application, but new technology and creative inspiration have given these fabrics an entirely new look and feel ideal for throughout the home."
A 1978 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Blake began her corporate career with several high-profile executive recruiting and marketing positions, culminating with her role as vice president of the Kole & Company Recruitment firm.
In 2004, she embarked on a new career path, becoming the manager and buyer for Patio Furniture & Collectibles for Roger's Gardens. Blake's career has also included service as president and creative director of Outdoor Interiors, a full-service design firm specializing in outdoor environments.
The new Brown Jordan flagship store, located at 3323 Hyland Ave., opened in early May, featuring the brand's first retail design gallery that is complete with lifestyle accessories for interior and exterior use. Collections by designers such as Richard Frinier, Michael Berman and John Caldwell, as well as a selection of luxury home goods, are featured at the new Brown Jordan SOCO location.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...