2013 National Hardware Show reports 16% growth
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/7/2013 11:23:09 AM
NORWALK, Conn. - The 68th annual National Hardware Show recently came to a close at the Las Vegas Convention Center, and based on the feedback from exhibitors and attendees alike, the three-day event was a successful one.
Attendance was up more than 16% from last year's show, signaling growth in the home improvement industry.
"The National Hardware Show was a great success this year," said Sonya Ruff Jarvis, vice president of attendee programs for the National Hardware Show. "It was bigger and better than ever. Strong attendance really shows the home improvement industry is coming back, and we've gotten some great feedback from both attendees and exhibitors who were very happy with the show."
Exhibitors indicated traffic was strong at the show. "We had herds of buyers at our booth," said Rich Katzmann, vice president of business development for Danco/MJSI.
"We weren't sure what to expect on our first show, but we've had a lot of traffic through our booth," said Betsi Schumacher of Sleep Innovations. "This is the perfect show for us to launch our product."
Attendees, too, said they were impressed. "SkyMall is always on the hunt for unique, innovative products for the 650 million passengers who see our catalogs every year," said Christine Aguilera, president of SkyMall. "We were very impressed with the breadth of new products we saw at the recent National Hardware Show. From the Grillbot, the grill-cleaning robot, to the reJuvenator microbubble shower head, we know the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well! We will definitely be back next year!"
"The show is excellent," said Spencer Krull, proprietor with EQ Ready in Los Angeles. "It's one of the best shows I've ever been to. It's so well-organized."
Bob Eames of Ace Hardware in Richmond, Calif., said he was happy with his time at the show. "I do a lot of buying at the National Hardware Show. I walk every aisle of the show when I'm here and I've been seeing a lot of new items this year."
The National Hardware Show is shaping up to be even bigger next year, with a renewal rate of 25,000-plus square feet more than last year.
The 2014 National Hardware Show will be held May 6-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...