Jacuzzi Brands appoints president of Global Spa business
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/7/2013 12:00:00 PM
CHINO, Calif. - Jacuzzi Brands Corporation has appointed Peter Munk as president of Global Spa as part of its continued strengthening of the Jacuzzi leadership structure.
In this newly created role, Munk will focus his efforts on the growth of the spa business worldwide, to include sales and marketing, engineering and product development, and global operations strategy.
"The appointment of a global leader of our spa business demonstrates our continued commitment to drive growth worldwide and reflects the global opportunity we envision for this strategic business," Jacuzzi Brands Corp. CEO Bob Rowan said. "We are committed to our ongoing investments in product innovation and reliability, and creative marketing programs to drive dealer sales and profitability." The business has seen a strong start to the 2013 season and with the appointment of Peter we are ready to bring global best practices in product, marketing and service to our dealer communities around the world."
Jacuzzi has made a number of growth-driving investments in recent years. In 2011, Jacuzzi established a new world-class manufacturing facility, and in 2012, embarked on several new marketing initiatives that continue to deliver market share growth for its dealers. Jacuzzi also added two new brands to its portfolio with the acquisition of ThermoSpas in 2012 and Dimension One Spas in 2013 to further strengthen its leadership position.
Munk joined Jacuzzi in April 2011 as head of the Jacuzzi European business units, where he proved his leadership skills by implementing a pan-European approach to leveraging resources across all markets.
"Peter's emphasis on the growth of our European spa business has resulted in outstanding results in an extremely difficult economic environment," Rowan said. "His strong commercial background in dealing with all types of retailers and distribution in a variety of industries, combined with his experience in product development and branded consumer products make him the ideal person to fill this critical role."
Prior to joining Jacuzzi, Munk was president and general manager for ACCO Brands EMEA + Asia, and VP of consumer products at Black & Decker Europe. He started his career with Colgate Palmolive in Scandinavia after studying Business and Economics in Denmark and the United Kingdom. He is a Danish national speaking several European languages and has worked in Denmark, Belgium, Germany and the U.K. Monk and his wife Charlotte live with their three children in Ascot, U.K.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...