Catwalk continues at the Casual Market
Outdoor Fabric Fashion Show returns to ICFA Awards Gala
Jamie Sorcher -- Casual Living, 6/12/2013 9:00:00 AM
CHICAGO - The annual International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market, set for Sept. 17-20, is confirmed as the venue for the return of the Casual Living Fabric Fashion Show.
The renowned Field Museum will serve as the backdrop for the fashion show, which will be held during the International Casual Furnishings Association Awards Gala on the night of Thursday, Sept. 19.
"Casual Living is pleased to once again be working with Merchandise Mart Properties Inc., the International Casual Furniture Association and our fabric sponsors to bring this exciting and fun event to the ICFA Gala Awards," said Norman Hamilton, publisher of Casual Living.
"I believe the fashion show has always been one of the highlights of the ICFA Awards Gala Program, adding a unique presentation to the evening's entertainment," said John H. Brennen III, executive vice president of MMPI.
"The Casual Market's premier event, the ICFA Awards Gala at the Field Museum, is the ideal venue to showcase the style of our industry with the runway fabric fashion show," Joe Logan, executive director of the ICFA, added. "It's exciting to see the latest in trends and fashion which will be appearing in our stores, showrooms and catalogs next season...an event not to be missed!"
Introduced to the market in 2006, the Casual Living Fabric Fashion Show will feature new outdoor fabrics that will be seen on the industry's casual furniture offerings for next year. Professional models will command the catwalk to a choreographed presentation as they show off the fabrics of each sponsor.
Returning headline sponsor Sunbrella is joined this year by TriVantage, Ardwyn Designs, Outdura and Sunbury. All the sponsors are looking forward to this year's show and promise to take the show to an even higher level of entertainment for the audience.
"We are excited that the fashion show is back and part of the ICFA Awards Gala," said Suzie Roberts, VP and business manager of Glen Raven Decorative Fabrics, Sunbrella. "It is always a fun night." Although Sunbrella has not made its final fabric selections yet, company leaders revealed they will be representing bright, vivid colors.
This is a ticketed event so get your tickets in advance, before they sell out. For details on the Casual Living Fabric Fashion Show, as well as all the other events and complete information about the International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market, visit www.casualmarket.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...