WithIt announces annual conference keynote speakers
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/18/2013 10:51:09 AM
GREENSBORO, N.C. - WithIt, the women's leadership development network for the home and furnishings industries, announced the keynote speakers for its 2013 Education Conference. Titled "Vision of the Modern Renaissance Woman," the Aug. 12-14 event in Raleigh, N.C., will include the following speakers:
Mary Lou Quinlan, marketer, speaker, women's advocate and author of New York Times best-seller, The God Box: Sharing My Mother's Gift of Faith, Love and Letting Go, will speak on "Building a Life that's Brand YOU." Quinlan, who also authored Time Off for Good Behavior in 2007, will explore the factors that compel women to work hard and examine how they can take back control and discovertheir best selves.
Emily Bennington, author of Who Says It's a Man's World: The Girls' Guide to Corporate Domination and founder of Awake Exec mindful leadership coaching for women, will speak on "What the Most Remarkable Women Do Right." Bennington has led training programs for numerous Fortune 500 companies and will draw on her research of more than 750 professionals nationwide to present what, specifically, the most accomplished executives do differently.
Arlene Blum, Ph.D., biophysical chemist, renowned mountaineer and author of Annapurna: A Woman's Place and her award-winning memoir, Breaking Trail: AClimbing Life, will speak on "Leadership: One Mountain, One Molecule at a Time." Blum's efforts to research and publicize the health impacts of flame retardant chemicals has altered their use in several industries over the past 30 years, including home furnishings and children's pajamas. She has been a trail blazer in both science and mountaineering, and she will share stories and visuals for lessons in leadership to help conference attendees achieve their personal and professional goals.
Mary Knackstedt, author of The Interior Design Business Handbook, speaker and design consultant, will close the two-day conference with a "Salute to the ModernRenaissance Woman." Knackstedt's business acumen and communications savvy enabled her to distill the keys to success for interior design professionals, and she will use these same skills to summarize the WithIt conference program and re-emphasize the key take-aways for all attendees.
Along with speakers, workshops and opportunities for one-on-one mentoring will be available during the conference. During early registration, which ends July 8, WithIt members may register for the conference for $200, non-members may register for $400 and students for $75. After July 9, fees go up to $250 for members and $475 for non-members.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...