Las Vegas Market seminars highlight design trends, marketing strategies
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/24/2013 9:34:36 AM
LAS VEGAS - A slate of retailer-oriented educational programming, including informative seminars led by top industry executives addressing directional design trends, color forecasting, suggestive selling and other business-building marketing strategies, is planned for the summer 2013 Las Vegas Market, July 29-Aug. 2.
"The summer Las Vegas Market seminar schedule is highlighted by high-profile sessions focused on fashion, color and design, as well as today's hot-button business issues and marketing messages," said Dorothy Belshaw, president of Gift & Home Décor, International Market Centers. "As the leading total home furnishings and gift destination in the western United States, Las Vegas Market recognizes the added value of an enlightening seminar program, and we are happy to present a selection of interesting and inspiring presentations by industry experts."
Notable fashion-focused seminars include "The 2014 Sherwin-Williams Color Mix Forecast," by Laurie E. Clark of the Sherwin-Williams Company; "Human Spaces: Creating Meaningful Consumer Connections in Home Marketing," by Michael Aram and Sebastian Herald of Michael Aram, Inc.; "Fast Forward: A Future-View of Interior Trends 2014," by Gregory Dunlop, WGSN-Homebuildlife; "Ahead of the Curve," with designers Alexa Hampton, Ron Woodson and Windsor Smith; and an expanded, double-header First Look program with Emily Henderson of HGTV, Monica Pedersen of HGTV and Julie Smith Vincenti of Nine Muses Media.
Significant business-oriented programs include "Marketing with Very Little Money," by Margi Kyle, The Designing Doctor; "Making Email Work for You," by Eric Dean of Whereoware; "Move That Merchandise!" by Susan Wagner of Smart Retailer; and "The Five Money Secrets of Successful Designers and Retailers," by Terri Taylor of Taylor Design Group.
The North American Home Furnishings Association (NAHFA) will also host a series of week-long seminars in their Retailer Resource Center's new location in Building B, Suite B-1050.
Las Vegas Market offers four full days of programming, with all sessions free to market attendees. A complete schedule of seminars and session descriptions is available online at www.lasvegasmarket.com/events.
We would love your feedback!
- Jan 24, 2013
- Feb 25, 2013
- Nov 22, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...