Ikea adding electric vehicle charging stations to eight locations
Casual Living Staff -- Casual Living, 6/28/2013 10:49:20 AM
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. - Home furnishings retail giant Ikea has extended an electric vehicle charging station partnership with ECOtality, a clean electric transportation and storage technologies provider.
Ikea is adding 24 Blink electric vehicle charging stations across eight U.S. locations. The retailer installed 31 stations in western U.S. stores two years ago, and now has charging stations in nearly half of its locations across the country.
The eight new locations include stores in Atlanta; Bolingbrook and Schaumburg, Ill.; Conshohocken, Pa.; Frisco and Houston, Texas; Philadelphia; and its corporate office here.
The installation is expected to begin next month, with completion by end of the summer. Installation of these units will bring the total number of Blink charging stations at Ikea locations to 55.
"We are fortunate to be able to expand this relationship with ECOtality, bringing EV charging stations to more Ikea locations across the U.S. since Ikea stores are typically visible and accessible from key points within a local metropolitan area," said Mike Ward, Ikea U.S. president.
We would love your feedback!
- Oct 11, 2011
- Apr 2, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...