Emerald Home to show 21 outdoor furniture groups in Las Vegas
Ray Allegrezza, Furniture Today -- Casual Living, 7/18/2013 11:49:03 AM
LAS VEGAS - Furniture and bedding source Emerald Home Furnishings is hoping for an inside track to the outdoor room.
At the Las Vegas Market, which opens July 29, it will introduce 21 outdoor groupings and related accessories in a satellite showroom in the World Market Center.
Earlier this month, the company previewed the lineup to a dozen key accounts at its showroom in High Point's Center Point building. In attendance were representatives from Art Van Furniture, Fortunoff Backyard Store, Johnny Janosik World of Furniture, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Pacific Patio and others.
Offered under the umbrella of Emerald Outdoor Furniture, the comprehensive assortment includes motion, dining, deep seating, fire pits, tables, accessories and pillows.
While the outdoor furniture will be offered primarily as a container-only program, the company said it will also back up best-selling items in its 200,000-sq.-ft. warehouse in Tacoma, Wash.
The strategy for the new goods, which will range in retail from $799 for a table and five and top out at $3,499 for a seven-piece set, is to offer upscale, stylish designs and affordable prices.
"We see a big gap between the specialty stores that offer opulent looks and high prices and the mass merchants, that sell lower priced goods and limited selections," said Emerald President David Beckmann. "Our goal is to fill that gap with great selection, great designs and affordable prices."
Beckmann said the lineup, which is ready to ship now, features detailed casting, chat-height fire pits, mixed media goods, extensive woven options and performance fabrics from Sunbrella and other non-branded performance fabric suppliers.
"We realize this is a growth category and so do many of our current customers who encouraged us to add outdoor furniture to our assortment," Beckmann said, adding, "We see this as a true win/win because it gives us a bigger footprint with our customers and since we've done the product development and sourcing, they, don't have add new vendors in order to participate in this exciting segment of the business."
To further minimize risk for retailers, especially those new to the category, Emerald collaborated with brothers Gary and Lyle Ecoff, both veteran retailers with expertise in the outdoor segment.
Previously, Gary was the founder and president of Florida-based Carl's Patio. Lyle had been vice president of Carl's Patio and also had been president of the original Robb & Stucky's outdoor furniture division.
For a longer story and more photos on the line, see the July 22 print issue of Casual Living sister publication Furniture/Today.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...