Exclusive Research: Furniture Stores and the Outdoor Room
Furniture stores find success with outdoor furniture
Dana French -- Casual Living, 7/1/2013 2:00:00 AM
While the Great Recession caused many full-line, indoor furniture stores to close, it provided new opportunities for others, including expansion into the outdoor furniture category. The outdoor room phenomenon exploded during the economic downturn as consumers focused on outdoor living at home and traveled less.
In order to better understand how the furniture store channel successfully sells outdoor furniture, Casual Living and sister publication Furniture/Today conducted an online survey among furniture stores, with more than 100 stores responding.
Stores responding to the exclusive survey include both traditional furniture stores and manufacturer-branded furniture stores. About half of the sample rank on Furniture/Today's Top 100 Furniture Stores listing or its annual Beyond the Top 100 listing. Store locations represent all regions of the country.
For the complete 4-page report, see the July 2013 print edition of Casual Living or click here for the exclusive online edition.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...