ICFA competition expands to include nonmembers
Cinde W Ingram -- Casual Living, 8/1/2013 2:00:00 AM
The 2013 design excellence award competition features more than 125 entries from International Casual Furnishings Association members and, for the first time, non-members.
Furniture categories also have been restructured to reflect the product's intended use rather than the materials used to create it.
"The new categories are: dining or bar table, dining or bar chair, chaise lounge, lounge seating/cushion and lounge seating/non-cushion," ICFA Executive Director Joe Logan said. "We also created a separate category for heating/fire pits, in light of the growth of the segment that many of our manufacturers are offering now."
The judging process will return to a panel of industry and design experts meeting in Chicago on Thursday, Sept. 5 to select winners of both the categories and Lillian B. Winchester Best of Show rather than online voting by ICFA members. "We also will be changing the mix of the judges slightly to include more retailers," Logan said.
Category winners will be notified shortly after the judging. "We will present the awards in their showrooms the first day of the market so they can let their customers know that they have won," Logan said. The winner of the Lillian B. Winchester Best of Show Award will be announced on Thursday, Sept. 19, at the Field Museum during the ICFA Awards Gala.
Dining / Bar Table
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...