News, trends and product introductions for outdoor cooking and entertaining including barbecue grills, grill accessories, grill islands, outdoor kitchens and more.
Casual Living Staff, June 19, 2013The Downtown electric grill by Lynx features stainless steel construction and patented technology that provides up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit cooking power. Its compact size is ideal for smaller spaces, such as apartments and balconies. More
Jamie Sorcher, June 10, 2013NEW YORK - While May 1 marked the kick-off to National Barbecue Month, things are heating up as grilling events take place like the one held last weekend in New York City. More
Casual Living Staff, June 5, 2013CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif. - Premium gas logs, grills and outdoor fire features manufacturer R.H. Peterson Co. announced several significant promotions of its senior management staff. More
Casual Living Staff, May 23, 2013LAFAYETTE, La. - Funeral services were held Monday, May 20, for Ray Allen Guidry Sr., 71, the owner of Percy Guidry Hearth & Patio. He died on Thursday, May 16, at his home after a long battle with cancer. More
Casual Living Staff, May 21, 2013DALLAS - Outdoor kitchen products manufacturer Coyote Outdoor Living announced that the company has expanded its nationwide network of distributors and has become a national preferred vendor of Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery. More
Bruce Bjorkman, May 21, 2013Many of you reading this column recently attended the 2013 Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Expo in Orlando, Fla. Now, you're busy deciding which new lines and products you'll be bringing into your store. More
Chris Mordi, May 21, 2013"All business is personal," goes an old mantra. More
Laurie Rudd, May 21, 2013The contract/hospitality category is experiencing renewed energy and growth following the challenges of past seasons. Major introductions, increased trade show participation and an expanding marketplace are occurring within the segment and in nowhere more than in the area of outdoor dining. More
Jamie Sorcher, May 21, 2013Heading to the desert this month? It's a safe bet there will be an interesting mix of inspired and practical products on view in Las Vegas at both the Hospitality Design Expo + Conference (HD Expo), headquartered at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, and the National Hardware Show, situated at the vast Las Vegas Convention Center. Everything from luxe loungers and chic shades to colorful cushions and custom kitchens will be on display. Here are some of the winning looks. More
Cinde W Ingram, May 21, 2013National BBQ month officially kicks off the grilling season this month. Most of us know by now the barbecue season extends year-round for many grill owners across America. Are you hosting grill-related events at your store to draw attention to and capitalize on the annual event? More
Casual Living Staff, May 20, 2013CHICAGO - Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc. (MMPI) has announced the International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market, to be held Sept. 17-20, will host several innovative shopping areas this fall. More
News from the Web
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...
- July 10-17, 2013Location: AmericasMart Altanta 240 Peachtree St. N.W.
- July 29 - August 02, 2013Location: World Market Center 495 S. Grand Central Parkway
- August 03-06, 2013Location: FLOOR 5, YINHAI BUILDING, YIXIN ROAD, SHUNDE DISTRICT
June 7, 2013
Indoor luxuries migrate toward the outdoor room
The ongoing uptick in home sales coupled with the gains being reported by many of...
May 6, 2013
Sun or Shade?
National BBQ Month officially kicks off the grilling season this month. Most of us...
April 10, 2013
Homeowners favor easy, sustainable features
Homeowners are upping the ante when it comes to adding and/or augmenting their...
March 4, 2013
Catch the fever
Spring fever is in the air. Those of us who slogged through snow and ice - or even a...
- Gracelyn– 2013-7-5 03:25:28 EDT
in response to Homeowners favor easy, sustainable features
- Deejay– 2013-7-5 00:51:18 EDT
in response to Survey says: Outdoor room gains momentum
- Kevlyn– 2013-5-5 19:29:27 EDT
in response to Catch the fever
- Anas– 2013-5-5 15:43:53 EDT
in response to How to make the slow time of year the best time for your business
Preview Show Videos
Join Casual Living for a video tour of some exciting showrooms and new products at the International Casual Furnishings Association's Preview Show at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. Click on the names below to see the videos.
Executive Editor Nicole Crews
The Fresco Collection's hand-hooked Netherlands rug features a hand-carving technique...
Sleek, geometric lines combined with crisp, tailored cushions characterize the Cabana...
A sunning platform for lazy days and terrific tanning, the Brentwood lounge is longer...