News and new products in the outdoor shade category including hammocks, pergolas, market and beach umbrellas, umbrella bases, canopies, arbors and more.
Casual Living Staff, May 21, 2013HIGH POINT, N.C. - Companies interested in entering the 2013 Design Excellence Awards competition for casual furnishings products have until June 21 to submit their entries. More
Jamie Sorcher, May 21, 2013Whether taking a break from the sun to dine, to keep the glare off electronics or to provide a place to daydream for hours, an umbrella not only offers shade and a central gathering point, but also a bit of eye candy with a techy edge. More
Jamie Sorcher, May 21, 2013Ever watch Mad Men? the TV show has gone A long way toward reinvigorating the stylish, iconic home furnishings of the 1960s. More
Laurie Rudd, May 21, 2013The contract/hospitality category is experiencing renewed energy and growth following the challenges of past seasons. Major introductions, increased trade show participation and an expanding marketplace are occurring within the segment and in nowhere more than in the area of outdoor dining. More
Jamie Sorcher, May 21, 2013Heading to the desert this month? It's a safe bet there will be an interesting mix of inspired and practical products on view in Las Vegas at both the Hospitality Design Expo + Conference (HD Expo), headquartered at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, and the National Hardware Show, situated at the vast Las Vegas Convention Center. Everything from luxe loungers and chic shades to colorful cushions and custom kitchens will be on display. Here are some of the winning looks. More
Cinde W Ingram, May 21, 2013Innovative shade manufacturers see the sky as no limit. Customers are seeking the shade, as much because of lifestyle changes as global warming, and leading shade innovators are keeping them undercover by combining function with fashion. More
Casual Living Staff, May 20, 2013CHICAGO - Merchandise Mart Properties, Inc. (MMPI) has announced the International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market, to be held Sept. 17-20, will host several innovative shopping areas this fall. More
Cinde W Ingram & Jamie Sorcher, May 20, 2013LAS VEGAS - Designers, buyers and specifiers for hotels, restaurants, international resorts and a few independent specialty retailers had projects in hand and inspiration in mind as they shopped the Hospitality Design Expo, May 15-17. More
Casual Living Staff, May 17, 2013Featuring the new Aluma-Teak finish, the Plantation MAX cantilever in Java by TUUCI is an oversized parasol with maintenance-free hardwood finish. More
Casual Living Staff, May 15, 2013BALDWIN PARK, Calif. - Shade products manufacturer Shademaker announced the addition of its newest design, the Polaris, to its line of umbrellas for restaurants, resorts, country clubs and high-end residential designers. More
Jamie Sorcher, May 5, 2013Citrus shades of orange and tangerine along with nods of neon and plenty of turquoise, teal and bold blues span the color wheel for the High Point Market in outdoor accessories. More
News from the Web
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...
- May 21-25, 2013Location: Crocus Expo Center Moscow
- May 24-27, 2013Location: 809 S. Oak Park Ave
- June 02-05, 2013Location: South Main Street
Preview Show Videos
Join Casual Living for a video tour of some exciting showrooms and new products at the International Casual Furnishings Association's Preview Show at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. Click on the names below to see the videos.
Executive Editor Nicole Crews