July Digital Edition
Don’t miss the July digital edition of Casual Living, focusing on furnishings and accessories made in America. Writer Gary James spotlights companies building big business with a domestic manufacturing model, while contributor Laurie Rudd showcases some of the best in homegrown product design. And our exclusive Made in America research report illustrates the power of U.S.-made products.
The Chicago Pre-Market Top 10 Countdown
Casual Living Editor in Chief Waynette Goodson and Features Editor Jennifer Bringle team up to bring you the Top 10 moments that they will remember from the 2017 ICFA Preview Show.
- Las Vegas Market
July 30, 2017 - August 3, 2017
World Market Center Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada , US
- All American Furniture Expo
August 2, 2017 - August 3, 2017
Utz Building, York Expo Center
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US
- Next Conference
September 25, 2017 - September 27, 2017
Washington, DC, US
- Zuo Décor debut collection wins “Best of Floor” award at Atlanta Market
- Petey Fleischut and Oliver Ma receive ICFA Lifetime Achievement Award
- HPBA announces grill photo contest
- IMC highlights fabrics and trimming at Showtime Market
- Joe Ruggiero introduces new Sunbrella patterns
- ITA Showtime announces market event schedule
- 3-D printing, the future of furniture
- Tropitone introduces new products
- Summer Classics introduced new collections in High Point
- Coyote Outdoor Living announces expansion into seven Southern, Midwestern states
- Highwood USA launches Elk Outdoors brand
- Las Vegas market announces event, seminar schedule
- Coyote Outdoor Living launches cooking contest
- How to Maintain Saltwater Pools
- Bull Outdoor Products announces new culinary brand executive
One Stop Shop
July 27, 2017Still trying to figure out social media? Seems like everyone in the furniture industry is. Every day new research is published about what people do and don’t like from brands on social media. A few months ago, Sprout Social, a social media management company, found six of the top reasons consumers unfollow brands on social media. A new study from Sprout Social focused on behaviors consumers do and don’t like to see from brands on social media. Its findings can help you better plan your social media strategy. What to do: Honesty (86%), friendliness (83%) and helpfulness (78 ...
The Barbecue Lifestyle
July 17, 2017Why would a retailer who is already carrying elements of the outdoor room, such as furniture and fireplaces, object to selling grills and outdoor kitchen equipment? For some, there’s limited space on their showroom floor. There may also be concerns about gross margins and the real profitability of selling grills and outdoor kitchen equipment. � In addition, there may be some apprehension that stems from not thoroughly understanding grills and outdoor kitchen equipment. In particular, how are they, as a retailer, going to facilitate designing and constructing an outdoor kitchen? All of these are valid questions. As a sales professional ...
PBM Strategic Insights
July 18, 2017When companies crowdsource, they use an external group of people (a crowd) to obtain a needed service or idea. Different than outsourcing, crowdsourced work comes from an undefined public rather than a specific group. While first officially coined in a 2006 article by Wired magazine, the earliest example can be argued back to the mid-1800s with the collection of words for the Oxford English Dictionary when a group known as the Philological Society contracted more than 800 volunteer readers to collect words from all available books and document their usages. Click here to get complete details.
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Business wasn’t the only thing on the menu at the ICFA Preview Show. Market attendees also found time to mingle and relax at several social events.