October Digital Edition
Don't miss the October digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s Market Issue, we’ll bring you all the highlights of Casual Market Chicago, from innovative new products and hot trends to this year’s award winners and a taste of the party scene. Plus, you’ll get a sneak peek of all the product debuts at High Point Market.
In this issue:
- Consumer Survey: Did you know three out of four consumers read online reviews before purchasing outdoor furniture? That’s just one of the shopping insights shared in our exclusive report on consumer buying habits.
- Designer Viewpoint: A North Carolina designer creates an outdoor space for a modern-day Brady Bunch. • Barbecue Lifestyle: Our grill guy gives tips on extending the season through the holidays.
- Focus On: Patterns punch up the style quotient of outdoor accessories.
Move of the Century
Century Director of Outdoor Haynes King talks with Casual Living Editor Waynette Goodson about the company's move to 200 Steele and the new outdoor collection by Thomas O'Brien. (Video coverage sponsored by Klarna.)
- Furniture Today Leadership Conference
November 28, 2017 - November 30, 2017
Four Seasons Resort
Orlando, Florida, US
- Showtime Fabric Fair
December 3, 2017 - December 6, 2017
High Point, N.C.
- Zuo Décor debut collection wins “Best of Floor” award at Atlanta Market
- Petey Fleischut and Oliver Ma receive ICFA Lifetime Achievement Award
- HPBA announces grill photo contest
- IMC highlights fabrics and trimming at Showtime Market
- Joe Ruggiero introduces new Sunbrella patterns
- ITA Showtime announces market event schedule
- 3-D printing, the future of furniture
- Tropitone introduces new products
- Summer Classics introduced new collections in High Point
- Coyote Outdoor Living announces expansion into seven Southern, Midwestern states
- Highwood USA launches Elk Outdoors brand
- Las Vegas market announces event, seminar schedule
- Coyote Outdoor Living launches cooking contest
- How to Maintain Saltwater Pools
- Bull Outdoor Products announces new culinary brand executive
One Stop Shop
October 19, 2017During High Point Market, Blueport Commerce CEO Carl Prindle started his seminar about avoiding common e-commerce mistakes with this idea: Shopping hasn’t changed, but the best way to shop (and sell) has. Prindle was referring to the way the shopping process –discovering a product, understanding the services offered and fulfillment of an order – is still the same, but e-commerce has made buying certain products easier, quicker and more efficient. Though he noted that e-commerce only represents 1% of retail, he said it’s going to be important for retailers to pick up on the trend and up their game ...
The Barbecue Lifestyle
October 16, 2017Those of us in the North look at grilling as a seasonal endeavor—unless you want to dig your grill out of the snow while braving the cold in the dark at 6 p.m. Grillers in the South have the opportunity to grill comfortably all year round in lush oases, enjoying drinks with little umbrellas in them—or at least that’s what I’m imagining while I’m shoveling snow in the dark. Regardless of where you live, the grilling season has an ebb and flow greatly impacted by the weather. But weather doesn’t have to be ...
A Numbers Game
October 12, 2017We all know consumers research products online before they come to the store, but what exactly are they looking at? Our October Casual Living Outdoor Consumer Survey has the answer: consumer reviews. It found that 75% of consumers read online reviews before buying outdoor furniture. Nearly 60% look at a manufacturer’s website, and 52% speak with friends and family who own the product when researching items. One quarter of consumers use social media to research outdoor furniture, with 42% using Facebook and 29% using Pinterest, making these the most popular social media channels for research. And this isn’t ...
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
What are you talking about around your firepit? Here's some of the news we're excited about.