August Digital Edition
Check out the August digital edition of Casual Living, covering a broad array of trends, personalities and insights. You’ll get an inside look at retailer Clive Daniel Home, as well as a conversation with Greg Voorhis, design director at Glen Raven, about the dedicated design team at Sunbrella. We also prepare you for Las Vegas Market with a preview of the hottest casual products, and take a first look at outdoor buyers who got a head start on the latest casual intros at the ICFA Preview Show.
Sunset West Strategy
Sunset West Managing Director Wes Stewart reveals how specialty retailers can differentiate themselves from e-commerce sites and merchandise for more curated looks. Stewart also shares new designs and colors with Casual Living Editor Waynette Goodson, who's quite comfortable in the new Redondo collection.
- Casual Market Chicago
September 12, 2017 - September 15, 2017
- Next Conference
September 25, 2017 - September 27, 2017
Washington, DC, US
- High Point Market
October 14, 2017 - October 18, 2017
Downtown High Point
High Point, North Carolina
- Zuo Décor debut collection wins “Best of Floor” award at Atlanta Market
- Petey Fleischut and Oliver Ma receive ICFA Lifetime Achievement Award
- HPBA announces grill photo contest
- IMC highlights fabrics and trimming at Showtime Market
- Joe Ruggiero introduces new Sunbrella patterns
- ITA Showtime announces market event schedule
- 3-D printing, the future of furniture
- Tropitone introduces new products
- Summer Classics introduced new collections in High Point
- Coyote Outdoor Living announces expansion into seven Southern, Midwestern states
- Highwood USA launches Elk Outdoors brand
- Las Vegas market announces event, seminar schedule
- Coyote Outdoor Living launches cooking contest
- How to Maintain Saltwater Pools
- Bull Outdoor Products announces new culinary brand executive
August 17, 2017Strolling the halls of Chicago’s ICFA Preview Show last month, it was impossible not to feel the heavy influence of designers on the outdoor category. The 14th floor of The Mart is known as the designer’s level, and it’s where we found new, fully upholstered sofas at both Century Furniture and Anacara. “Outdoor upholstery won’t make it in the general retailer world,” predicts Deborah Dill, vice president, Anacara. “It’s a designer-placed piece.” On the 15th floor, both Castelle and Gloster displayed their designer collections front and center. Barclay Butera debuted his outdoor collection for Castelle ...
The Barbecue Lifestyle
August 15, 2017Out with the old, in with the new . . . it’s too early for New Year’s resolutions, but the same slogan applies to your store displays. Let’s set the scene: It’s August and grill sales have been great. You’ve seen incredible attachment sales on grill accessories. Nearly every customer leaves the store with a handful of essential grilling items. Your sales team knows that every new grill should go home with a cover, grill brush and several more adventurous items. Yet by this time in the season, like most retail stores, your display is starting to show ...
One Stop Shop
July 27, 2017Still trying to figure out social media? Seems like everyone in the furniture industry is. Every day new research is published about what people do and don’t like from brands on social media. A few months ago, Sprout Social, a social media management company, found six of the top reasons consumers unfollow brands on social media. A new study from Sprout Social focused on behaviors consumers do and don’t like to see from brands on social media. Its findings can help you better plan your social media strategy. What to do: Honesty (86%), friendliness (83%) and helpfulness (78 ...
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Designers and industry insiders gathered at Tableau at the Wynn for the Summer Soiree, hosted by the Las Vegas Market and Luxe Interiors+Design.