September Digital Edition
Live from Chicago!
Casual Living Editor-in-Chief Waynette Goodson gives you a man-on-the-street style, inside look at what it’s like to be at the big show, Casual Market Chicago. It’s chock full of interviews with industry leaders, plus a bonus tutorial at the end on how to hand out the Show Dailies. So keep watching till the credits roll!
- Next Conference
September 25, 2017 - September 27, 2017
Washington, DC, US
- High Point Market
October 14, 2017 - October 18, 2017
Downtown High Point
High Point, North Carolina
- New York Tabletop Show
October 17, 2017 - October 20, 2017
- Zuo Décor debut collection wins “Best of Floor” award at Atlanta Market
- Petey Fleischut and Oliver Ma receive ICFA Lifetime Achievement Award
- HPBA announces grill photo contest
- IMC highlights fabrics and trimming at Showtime Market
- Joe Ruggiero introduces new Sunbrella patterns
- ITA Showtime announces market event schedule
- 3-D printing, the future of furniture
- Tropitone introduces new products
- Summer Classics introduced new collections in High Point
- Coyote Outdoor Living announces expansion into seven Southern, Midwestern states
- Highwood USA launches Elk Outdoors brand
- Las Vegas market announces event, seminar schedule
- Coyote Outdoor Living launches cooking contest
- How to Maintain Saltwater Pools
- Bull Outdoor Products announces new culinary brand executive
The Barbecue Lifestyle
September 15, 2017A clean grill, like clean cookware or a clean oven, offers the best backyard cooking experience. A gas or charcoal grill is a frying pan, baking tray, stove top and oven all in one. Clean cooking grids don’t come with the unwanted flavor of drippings from Tuesday’s saucy cookout or charred bits from last week’s chicken. A clean grill helps prevent flare-ups, grease fires, mold and unwanted flavors. I’ve said to many grillers: “You keep your kitchen sanitary and clean; why not treat your grill the same way?” This is an important lesson to impart on ...
September 11, 2017Known for its unique use of mixed materials and fun accessories (think pillows and lanterns), Peak Season will roll out a new collection and 33 new accessories, for a total of 64 new items, at Casual Market Chicago this week. Casual Living Publisher John Emerick and I popped in to visit John Diorio, Peak Season vice president, at their Irondale, Alabama, headquarters during our recent Editor/Publisher Roadshow. In business for nine years, the small company prides itself on on-trend design, attention to detail and quality products. “Every inch of product is touched by human hands,” Diorio says. “It’s ...
September 7, 2017Every year at Casual Market, retailers are invigorated—not only by the introduction of beautiful new collections, but also by the strategic ideas shared with fellow peers. The dyna-mic nature of retail and how to handle challenges presented by rising e-commerce sales will be important topics this market. Part of the customer experience that has been a prominent discussion lately is how quickly merchandise gets from the point of purchase to the customer’s home. Technology is critical to a retailer’s unified commerce strategy and how they move inventory through their supply chain efficiently. I have been inspired lately ...
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
Highlights from Casual Market Chicago celebrations