November Digital Edition
Don't miss the November digital edition of Casual Living! In this month’s issue, we look to the future of retail with a spotlight on technology. Assistant Editor Alex Milstein breaks down the basics of artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR) and how they’re changing the furniture shopping experience. We also explain how building engagement on social media channels can boost business for retailers.
You’ve waited two years, and it’s finally here! Casual Living’s biennial Universe Study offers a comprehensive snapshot of the outdoor category, highlighting its growth across all segments from furnishings to shade to grills.
Also in This Issue:
• Designer Viewpoint: A Beverly Hills backyard gets a glam makeover, thanks to renowned designer Christopher Grubb.
• Market Report: Our editors give you the inside scoop on all the new outdoor introductions at the High Point Market. Can you say Cobonpue?
• Casual Insights: Kathy Wall of The Media Matters offers insight on refreshing your brand.
Casual Friday: Furnitureland South's expanding outdoor showroom
Casual Living Assistant Editor Alex Milstein catches up with Blair Ingle, director of sales and marketing for Furnitureland South, to talk about why the company is dedicating more showroom space to the outdoor category and how much they expect it to grow.
- Furniture Today Leadership Conference
November 28, 2017 - November 30, 2017
Four Seasons Resort
Orlando, Florida, US
- Showtime Fabric Fair
December 3, 2017 - December 6, 2017
High Point, N.C.
- Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market
January 9, 2018 - January 16, 2018
Georgia, Atlatna, US
- Zuo Décor debut collection wins “Best of Floor” award at Atlanta Market
- Petey Fleischut and Oliver Ma receive ICFA Lifetime Achievement Award
- HPBA announces grill photo contest
- IMC highlights fabrics and trimming at Showtime Market
- Joe Ruggiero introduces new Sunbrella patterns
- ITA Showtime announces market event schedule
- 3-D printing, the future of furniture
- Tropitone introduces new products
- Summer Classics introduced new collections in High Point
- Coyote Outdoor Living announces expansion into seven Southern, Midwestern states
- Highwood USA launches Elk Outdoors brand
- Las Vegas market announces event, seminar schedule
- Coyote Outdoor Living launches cooking contest
- How to Maintain Saltwater Pools
- Bull Outdoor Products announces new culinary brand executive
One Stop Shop
November 20, 2017While big box stores have Black Friday and e-commerce websites have Cyber Monday, one of the most important shopping holidays for small businesses will commence on November 25: Small Business Saturday. Started by American Express and the non-profit National Trust for Historic Preservation back in 2010, Small Business Saturday is a day where small businesses can offer sales, discounts and fun activities to bring their communities together and support local businesses. If you’re a small business, it’s in your best interest to celebrate the holiday. Not only will it help with gaining new customers and highlighting the usefulness ...
November 16, 2017Creating intimacy. Finding a focal point. The clever use of containers and antiques outside. These were just a few of the topics discussed in the panel titled “Decorating Outdoors,” led by Margot Shaw, editor in chief of Flower magazine. The session was just one of many in last weekend’s Southern Style Now design festival, located in beautiful downtown Savannah, Georgia. The event drew renowned designers from across the U.S. For this particular outdoor panel, Jon Carloftis, Summer Loftin and Troy Rhone weighed in on how they create great spaces for the 5th Room. Q: What inspired you ...
November 15, 2017When I went to my first fall High Point Market last year, I was told it wasn’t a big deal for the casual category, that not many outdoor manufacturers were there. That was a bit of an understatement. This year we counted about 70 outdoor makers, spread amid 180 buildings, so it is a challenging show to cover, to say the least. We were frankly surprised at the number of new companies and new collections, which kept us hopping throughout the entire show. Normally we might finish on the Tuesday, but this year we worked till day’s end ...
MOST VIEWED ARTICLES
What are you talking about around your firepit? Here's some of the news we're excited about.